Effective: July 1, 2021
Information we collect
We collect information you provide to us in connection with your application or employment, as well as information from third parties (such as publicly-available sources). This information includes information that is generated as a result of being recruited by, applying to and working at Intrinsic. The types of personal data we may process include:
Recruitment information, for example:
- application and interview records;
- info about your employment and education history (including as part of résumés or CVs or as otherwise made available through publicly-available sources, such as through your LinkedIn profile);
- references; and
- background check information.
Personal details, for example:
- contact info (home address, telephone number and personal email address);
- bank (direct deposit) details;
- government identification numbers, such as social security numbers;
- emergency contacts and family composition;
- sensitive information you provide, such as race or ethnic origin, or health information (such as disability information); and
- other demographic or personal information we may collect, such as gender, marital status or veteran status.
Performance, compensation & benefits information, for example:
- performance ratings, evaluations, and assessments;
- equity option awards or stock;
- pension, benefits elections and other insurance documentation;
- payroll details;
- vacation records; and
- working time and sick leave records.
Working at Intrinsic, for example:
- survey data;
- disciplinary investigations/meetings/records and grievances;
- security records, such as badging records and security recordings;
- logs records; and
- your use of Intrinsic equipment, accounts and systems.
How we use your information
We use the information we process about you for the following purposes:
- recruitment and staffing;
- compensation, benefit programs and payroll;
- performance assessment, management and training;
- talent management and succession planning;
- legal compliance and risk management;
- workplace management, including Intrinsic business-related travel;
- to help protect Intrinsic, its users, customers, workforce, equipment and facilities and the public against injury, violence, theft, legal liability, fraud, or abuse;
- to identify, report on and investigate violations of company policies and/or applicable laws and regulations;
- to administer background checks in countries where permitted;
- for business management and planning, including business reorganizations and job eliminations, business transfers and potential divestments;
- making decisions about your employment;
- monitoring of product and tool usage, including to identify training needs, solicit feedback and using data to drive the adoption of new versions of products and tools; and
- for other reasonable business-related or legal purposes including, without limitation, testing of Intrinsic or a trusted partner's products and services (e.g., Dogfooding).
In some circumstances, we may collect sensitive personal information, such as information related to confidential medical facts (such as disability information) or sexual orientation. In limited circumstances, we may also collect racial or ethnic origin information that you voluntarily provide. We will only process this information in the limited circumstances where permitted by law, or if you consent to the processing of this sensitive data. For example, we may process medical or health information to administer sick pay, manage workplace accidents or return-to-work protocols, to assess fitness for work, for insurance purposes and to comply with health and safety obligations including, for example, to identify, assess and manage threats of workplace injury and violence. Also, we may have access to information about your sexual orientation if, for example, you register a domestic partner of the same or opposite gender for dependent benefits. We may also use sensitive employee data as part of our commitments to diversity and inclusion at Intrinsic. We will not make decisions about any employee or candidate based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning them or similarly significantly affects them.
Our legal basis for processing the personal data of individuals in the EEA
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), certain data protection law applies to the processing of your personal data. We collect and process your information where it is necessary to take steps, at your request, before potentially entering into a contract of employment with you, and then as far as necessary for the performance of the employment contract. We may also seek your consent to process your personal information in specific circumstances or process it where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims. We may also use your personal data as necessary in order to protect the vital interests of our workforce or of another natural person (such as an emergency where the health or security of our workforce is in danger, or to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss) and to support our legitimate interests, including improving our recruiting and business operations and effectively managing and deploying our workforce.
How we share your information
We do not share your personal data except in the limited circumstances described below:
- With businesses or other organizations that perform services for us or for you, including employee benefits providers, payment service providers and workforce management providers;
- For business-related and legal reasons, such as with legal or regulatory authorities to comply with our obligations, to protect the rights and property of Intrinsic, our customers, and the public, or to help detect and respond to suspected illegal activity and threats to the safety of any person or of our systems or services;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; or
- With your consent and at your direction.
Transfer of information to other countries
The information we collect about you may be held outside of the jurisdiction of your residence. For information subject to European data protection law, we provide for adequate protection of the transfer of personal data through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses. You may request a copy of the legal safeguards we have put in place to safeguard your transferred personal data by contacting us (see Contact Us below).
We store personal data we collect for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal obligations. Your employment record will generally be maintained for the period of your employment. When you leave Intrinsic, we will keep your employment record including as needed to protect us from legal claims and to satisfy our legal and compliance obligations. The retention period may depend on the local law in the country in which you were employed.
In certain countries and subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request to access (including in a portable format) or know more details about the categories and specific pieces of the personal data we hold about you, to delete your personal data, to correct your personal data, to object to or restrict certain of our processing of your personal data, to withdraw any consent to processing you previously provided to us, and to not be discriminated against for exercising any rights afforded to you by law. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority about our processing activities if you feel you cannot adequately address the concern with us directly.
You may make a rights request regarding your personal data by using the contact methods listed in the Contact Us section below. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com
For inquiries from individuals in the EEA, you may also contact us at: Intrinsic Innovation GmbH,
ABC-Straße 19, Hamburg, 20354, Germany